Extension/Research Professor of Urban Horticulture
Host of Southern Gardening
A brief history
- Gary spent 13 years with the GTE corporation in Detroit, MI and Westminster, SC
- BS and MS, Clemson University
- PhD., THE Ohio State University
Gary has been:
- Previously on the faculty at Tennessee Tech University and Illinois State University
- Currently Extension/Research Professor of Horticulture at the Coastal Research & Extension Center, Mississippi State University
- 90% Extension/10% Research appointment
- Host the awarding winning Mississippi State University Extension Service’s Southern Gardening TV, radio, newspaper columns and social media outlets.
- Fellow, American Society for Horticultural Science
- Great American Gardener, The American Horticultural Society
Gary and his wife Katie live in Ocean Springs, MS. They are urban homesteaders and operate the Heritage Cottage Urban Nano Farm designed to be a demonstration urban farm to grow and preserve an abundance of locally grown specialty vegetables and produce all year long.